1. Cook the pasta al dente according to package instructions.
2. In a large pot, melt the butter with the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and saute for about 5 minutes until the onion softens.
3. Add the ham to the pot and cook for about 8 minutes until the ham starts to brown slightly.
4. Stir in the chicken broth and heavy cream, then add the
. Add the cheeses and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring, until the cheese melts.
5. Add the pasta, peas, stir and cook for a couple more minutes.
Tip: add a small can of mushrooms
(drain it first)
or cooked carrots for some extra oomph!