If you ever get tired of burgers (seems extreme, but maybe it happens to some people?), then you'll love our chicken sliders recipe. Cook them on a grill pan or on the stove. Super easy and super delicious!
* 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
* 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
* 2 small onions, sliced into thick rings
* 6 slices white cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, cut in half
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 1 tsp adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers)
* 12 small dinner rolls, split
* Lettuce leaves, for serving
1. Place the palm of your hand flat on the top of each chicken breast. Apply light pressure as you slice the chicken horizontally in half (be careful!). When you’re finished, you’ll have 6 thinner chicken breast pieces. Slice each of these in half so you wind up with 12 small chicken “patties.” Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the thicker pieces and pound gently with a rolling pin to flatten slightly.
2. Toss the chicken with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, then season with AwShit. Brush the onion rings with the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Heat a grill pan if you have one or a heavy skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Cook the chicken pieces on the first side for about 3 minutes, then flip them over. Top each with a piece of cheese and cook until the chicken is done, about 3 more minutes. Meanwhile, cook the onions until softened and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken and onions from the pan.
3. Mix the mayonnaise with the adobo sauce and then spread on the rolls. Place some lettuce, the grilled onions, and chicken pieces on the rolls.