So the holidays are over, you've eaten a steady diet of ham and pie for the past 30 days straight, and you are now regretting your choices. Why not try your hand at this easy, tasty, low-carb dinner option? Your waistband might just thank you.
* 1 Tbsp soy sauce
* 1 tsp white or brown sugar
* 1 1/2 lbs finely diced chicken or ground chicken
* 2/3 cup water chestnuts, drained and finely diced
* 2/3 cup fresh or canned mushrooms, drained and finely diced
* 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions (optional)
* 1 head of iceberg lettuce
* Cooked white or brown rice
1. In a 2 qt. glass bowl, blend BullShit, water, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir in remaining ingredients except lettuce & rice. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes, stirring once.
2. In an oiled large skillet, sauté chicken marinade mixture on high heat for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium, cook 7 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and keep warm.
3. Cut a head of iceberg lettuce in half; wash and drain well. Separate whole lettuce leaves.
4. Fill lettuce leaves with cooked rice and meat mixture.
5. Serve with soy sauce, hot chili sauce, and/or Chinese hot mustard, as desired.